This Privacy Statement explains how the Dyslexia Foundation (“Dyslexia Foundation,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses, and discloses your information. The Privacy Statement applies to all services.
Where applicable, you consent to the use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement each time you use our services, so we urge you to read this document in full and contact us if you have any questions.
The Privacy Statement applies to all services and products, except those products that have a separate Privacy Statement.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymised or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
Here is a description of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
What Personal Information We Collect
Depending on the services you use, we collect different kinds of personal information from or about you.
- Information you provide: We collect the personal information you provide, for example on enrolment to our education or sports services or to our Gym membership, such as: your name; username, or email address; when you use our services; create an account; contact us; participate in any written or online survey; apply for employment; interact with us at in-person events, or otherwise interact with us.
- Information about payments: If you make a purchase, we collect personal information in connection with the purchase. This information includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping, and contact details.
- Information about use of our services: When you visit our websites or any cloud environment, we may collect information about the type of device you use, your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, browsing information, session summary information, file attributes (including attributes for photos, videos, music, and documents), and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. We may gather some of this information automatically
- Information from third parties: We may collect information from third parties, including business partners and other agencies. This includes your contact information from other partners when we engage in joint services or jointly-funded activity.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Generally speaking, we use personal information to provide, improve, and develop our services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted information and services, and to protect us and our users.
Dyslexia Foundation. collects, processes, and determines how to process your personal information as data controller for the following purposes:
- Providing, improving, and developing our services: We use personal information to help us provide, improve, and develop our services, and advertising. This includes using personal information for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you services, for business continuity and contractual compliance, for example in Governmental and Funding Body returns.
- Communicating with you: Subject to your prior express consent we may use personal information to send you marketing communications in relation to Dyslexia Foundation’s own services; communicate with you about your account, transactions, or employment requests; and inform you about our policies and terms.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, please contact us to opt out. We may use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us.
- Offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to personalize your experience with our services, on third-party websites and applications, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
For any of the uses of your data described above that require your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent by contacting us.
- Promoting safety and security: We use personal information to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our services, and you our users.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our services or help us market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide for audit/evidential or to improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
We share personal information with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting; email services; marketing; other promotions; auditing; payment processing; fulfilling customer orders; data analytics; providing customer support; conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys; and other services that assist us in providing our services. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
Legal Compliance and Security
It may be necessary—by law or as a result of legal process, litigation, or requests from public or governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence—for us to disclose personal information. We may also disclose personal information if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose personal information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Depending on where you live, you may have the rights described below.
You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to object to or restrict, at any time, the further processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain.
You may contact us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
Please contact us to close your account in relation to the following uses of your personal information:
- providing, improving, and developing our services;
- communicating with you;
- sharing your personal information with third-party partners for marketing communications;
- offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services;
- promoting safety and security; or
- providing services
If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and we may delete any or all of your information without liability. We may retain, however, information related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, if required by law, or for legitimate purposes, such as analysis of non-personal information, account recovery, auditing our records, or enforcing our rights and obligations under our agreements.
The Data Controller
24 Edward Pavilion